Eligible projects include:
- Construction and equipping of a new facility for the purpose of providing workforce training and education
- Renovation or upgrade of an existing facility
- Purchase of new or upgraded equipment, software and furnishings
Eligible applicants are public-private partnerships which shall include:
- Private sector employers
- High schools or secondary technical schools
- Postsecondary institutions
Applicants are encouraged to include broad partnerships, such as the partners listed above, local elected officials, workforce development agencies and economic development partners collaborating on a project designed to provide the necessary facilities, equipment, programs and curriculum to train and educate workers to meet the workforce needs of Kentucky’s employers now and in the future.
Eligible Costs and Funding
Work Ready Skills Initiative proposals should create, maintain and promote higher wage and sustainable career opportunities. Work Ready Skills Initiative funds may be provided for up to ninety percent of the total project investment.
Eligible costs include:
- Land acquisition
- Facility construction, improvements and renovation
- Equipment and furnishings
- Marketing expenses for the first year of the project
A partner educational institution will be the owner of the building and fixed assets associated with the project and will be responsible for future maintenance and support.