Eligible projects include:
- Construction and equipping of a new facility for the purpose of providing workforce training and education in top 5 industry sectors
- Renovation or upgrade of an existing facility
- Purchase of new or upgraded equipment, software and furnishings
Eligible applicants are public-private partnerships which shall include:
- Private sector employers
- High schools, secondary technical schools or postsecondary institutions
Applicants are encouraged to include broad collaborative partnerships, such as the partners listed above, local elected officials, workforce development agencies and economic development partners designed to provide the necessary facilities, equipment, programs and curriculum to train and educate workers to meet the workforce needs of Kentucky’s employers now and in the future.
Eligible Costs and Funding
Successful Work Ready Skills Initiative proposals will create, maintain and promote higher wage and sustainable career opportunities. Work Ready Skills Initiative funds may be provided for up to ninety percent of the total project investment, with the applicant and its partners contributing ten percent of the total project costs.
Eligible costs include:
- Land acquisition
- Facility construction, improvements and renovation
- Equipment and furnishings
- Marketing expenses for the first year of the project
A public educational institution must be the owner of the building and fixed assets associated with the project and will be responsible for future maintenance and support.