The mission of the Education and Workforce Development Cabinet (EWDC) is to:
• Educate, prepare and train Kentucky's current and future workforce.
• Provide employers with a qualified, skilled workforce and Kentuckians with quality employment opportunities, education and training.
• Broaden the Kentucky Career Center customer base to increase employment rate and the number of adults earning credentials.
• Increase Kentucky’s employer engagement rate within the workforce system.
• Establish statewide performance metrics to measure quality of workforce development systems and programs.
• Align workforce demand to bridge education and training with employment.